Thursday, February 6, 2014

Glad to be back!

I just realized it's been a little over a year since I started this blog. And I still have it! I know it's been a while since I last posted, but I'm back! So let's get to it.

I have decided to expand the topics of what I post here. I'm not here to inform you. I'm here to entertain you, to voice my opinions on things that interest me, to show you another view that may be the opposite of your own.

So let's start with, of course, ladies wrestling! Since I haven't posted in a while, I'm going to share some thoughts on all the divas. Here we go!

 
AJ Lee
You know, I'm not that big on her. As an actress, she's up there with Trish, Stephanie,Victoria, Dawn Marie, etc. I love her as a heel. She can out crazy anybody, be vulnerable and sweet, then terrorizing, all in the space of 30 seconds. But she's just an o.k wrestler. She herself has said she is not a power wrestler, but she is quick and smart. That actually comes across really well when she wrestles. However, in the ring, I think she flops around too much when she hits the mat after someone hits/kicks her. So AJ, as if you'll ever read this fascinating blog, replace the Shining Wizard with a more believable finisher, lose the stupid baseball cap, and work on your offense a little more. But I still say, the Black Widow is pure awesomeness. She recently broke Maryse's record for longest diva title holder. Good for her. But it's time for her to let the title go.



Aksana
When one is given the opportunity to shine on a very large stage, you are supposed to rise to the occasion. This one has not. While she has improved in the ring, she still isn't that great. She started on NXT right alongside Naomi, Kaitlyn, and AJ. You hear what I'm saying? JoJo seems to be a better wrestler than Aksana at this point. She should be much further along ring-wise than she is. Did you see her knee Naomi recklessly in the ring this past Monday night? I don't know if it was carelessness or because she's still so green. But Naomi's injury should not have happened. Don't even get me started on that ridiculous crawl that waste 10 seconds of an already short Diva match. Yes, it's great to see her have a match, let alone a win: it breaks up the monotony of the division. If she hasn't improved greatly by summer, let her loose, ship her off to NXT, or make her a valet (Lana style maybe). But keep her out the ring. (FYI: I don't mind Foxsana! They make a great team!).


Alicia Fox
She and Natalya remind me of each other. Very talented. Very beautiful. Incredibly underrated. Always overlooked in favor of someone less talented than they are, someone the WWE thinks their male audience wants to see.who appeals. This woman is the total package. She can wrestle, act, is incredibly funny, and she's very easy on the eyes. But for some reason, she is a jobber, more or less. She was a model signed in Florida along with Kelly Kelly. (I won't get started on why Kelly became a big star for the WWE and Foxy didn't. Compare Alicia's best match to Kelly's best match: who do you think should have been the bigger star and have a few title runs? I would not have chosen Kelly!) Anyhow, she can go in the ring. She can be nasty, she can be sweet, she can be funny. I love how she trash talks her competitors in the ring. She's the second best wrestler behind Natalya. Those two consistently put on great matches against one another. I always see she and Layla doing charity work for the WWE. Good for them. They are great ambassadors for WWE. Now reward her with another well-deserved title run before she leaves WWE, whenever that may be.


Brie Bella
I have a love-hate relationship with the Bellas. I wasn't fond of them the first time around. Then they came back, feuded with the Funkdactyls and Kaitlyn, and starred on Total Divas. While they are still mediocre in the ring, not great at acting, and should not be at the top of the division, I am a fan. Mostly due to Total Divas. But I will give Brie her due: she has greatly improved her craft in an incredibly short period of time. I think she needs to be out of the title hunt and focused on building that female tag team division she favors so much. She could even be involved in a bit with Bryan where she betrays him, choosing her career over him eventually.


Cameron
I love this girl. She is such a bad@$$. She is the only diva (quite possibly the only wrestler) on the roster that has starred on six WWE tv shows. Count em' up: RAW, Smackdown, Main Event, Total Divas, NXT and Tough Enough (maybe Superstars too?). She has BA's in marketing and psychology. What an impressive young woman. She's been with the company for about three years. She may be small and feisty, but there's a lot of potential in this woman. Watch any of her matches from early 2013 to her latest match in 2014. What an improvement in a short amount of time. A lot of people don't like her, they say she's loud and annoying. Yes, she comes off a bit shriek-y and crazy. But I love it. She reminds me of Melina a little bit, I think it's the yelling. However, she still has some work to do before she's ready for a title run, but she will have one. I predict she'll have a long career with WWE if she stays on the path she's on, keeps going to anger management classes, and stays healthy. She's done some good work lately, and she's only getting better.


Eva Marie
I don't know what to make of her. Another Total Diva. She's gorgeous. Bad in the ring. She makes Aksana look good. But WWE higher ups love her, they think she can be their new star. Fans hate her. And she plays it up in the ring. My idea for her: we know she's bad ring-wise, but let her win due to her obvious wrestling inexperience. Let her be so bad, that she wins by accident. Otherwise, ship her off to NXT til she learns to take better bumps.


Layla
The British beauty. Up until a few weeks ago, she disappeared from the locker room. Apparently, she has been sick due to an unnamed illness. Which is a shame, but also none of our business. I think she is the third best wrestler of the divas. She's beautiful, fun and flirty. The ball was dropped with Layla during AJ/Kaitlyn feud (probably a little before that actually). So much more could have been done with Layla in their feud. I hope she comes back and takes the title off AJ.


Naomi
The girl can fly, but she can also be botch city. I love Naomi. She is their most athletic diva. I want the Funkadactyls to stay together as a team. But I think she tires out in the match due to her high-flying move-set. She's used to having a partner to tag in and out. So until or unless she becomes a singles wrestler, she may always have this issue. It looks like she may be the one to take the title off AJ. I just don't know if she's ready or not. (FYI: she is another total diva, recently married to one of those Uso boys!)


Natalya
The most consummate professional wrestler WWE has to offer, male or female. She can do it all. She tackles whatever role or storyline WWE gives her, and she does it well, no matter how humiliating. Yet, she hasn't held the title in years. I like nice classy Natalya, the perky cheerleader. I LOVE Divas of Doom Natalya! The Natalya who could hurt you with just a look. She plays heel much better than face. She is a power wrestler. I hate when she has to sell a lesser wrestlers moves. I don't like her matches with AJ: they don't seem believable to me. That match with Rosa a while back was a complete joke. She deserves a much better storyline than she currently has, which is next to none. She needs a character change. Team her with Tamina: make a new Divas of Doom and destroy all divas in their path! (She's a Total Diva also!)


Nikki Bella
The wilder of the Bella twins. I like her. Another Total Diva. (FYI: I think the whole Cena/Nikki thing makes her look weak and stupid. But it's her life, if it's even a true story). She was out with an injury for about 6 months. She clearly has worked hard to return to the ring. There are more moves in her arsenal. She's more toned and muscular. Yet, she is still a bit sloppy in the ring. No title run for her, for now. She still has some improvement to do. Keep her with Brie, to build the tag division. And make them mean girls again, they are not all that believable as faces.


Rosa Mendes
Wow. She's been in WWE since 2006. She's a vet. She's been a diva longer than the majority of the roster. She is the worst diva on the roster. She plain flat out just cain't wrestle. Yes. I said cain't. Aksana, Eva Marie, take note. You will be the future Rosa Mendes if you don't learn quite a few more things about wrestling. What I don't understand is this: she is a martial arts expert, but WWE never capitalized on that fact. I don't know who this girl has pictures of or who she's blackmailing, but she remains on the roster. Make her a valet and pit her and Aksana against each other. Limit them have ringside catfights and backstage pranks ala The Kat and Terri Runnels . Otherwise let her go.


Summer Rae
Honestly, I don't like Raw Summer. I prefer NXT Summer. She is so delightfully evil on NXT. She can actually wrestle. She's on a great path too. I predict she'll have a lengthy career, too. I would like to see her wrestle more. I think she could have a great feud with any of the divas, but I'd love to see BFF Summer vs. crazy AJ. It would be so much fun to see those two sling barbs at one another.


Tamina
Such a powerful wrestler. She needs to turn on AJ or be a Diva of Doom. She's not the best wrestler, but she has improved since becoming AJ's toughie. She's been with the company for a while also. I would love for her to have a title run eventually, but only if they make her a tough fighting dominating champion. But for now, I think she performs better as part of a team.






No comments:

Post a Comment