Thursday, February 6, 2014

Being Grateful

From April 2012:

April 3, 2012
Today, I am grateful my sister and nieces survived a devastating tornado. They lost a few tree, huge 40-year old trees. The backyard fences are all gone. The power is out, but they have a generator. Everybody is fine, just a bit stressed and distressed.

April 4, 2012
Today, I am grateful for the kindness of anonymous strangers. Somebody cleaned up a good portion of the neighbors and my sister's backyards. It was a kind and generous gesture.

That day, I told myself I would start a gratitude journal. I was so grateful that my Heavenly Father spared the lives of my family. My sister and her babies were huddled in a closet, hearing the tornado, scared to death that the roof would be ripped off and they would die. But they were spared. And I am eternally grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment