Thursday, March 28, 2013

Time for Me to Eat a Lot of Crow...

I have stated my dislike of the Bella twins before on this blog. I don't think they are the division needs, they aren't the best wrestlers, they are a waste of valuable t.v. time.

Now, I must eat those words (but just a little bit). Teaming the Bellas with Team Rhodes Scholars was a bit of genius. It brought the Bellas back as heels, ended Kaitlyn's "thing" for Cody, has helped Cody and Sandow get more heat with the crowd (if possible), showcased Naomi's and Cameron's (The Funkadactyls) various skills, and placed them against the only other women BFF's on the roster (who get along).  We have seen a weak beatdown, a pretty good ringside catfight, and a great match, all due to the Bellas. All of this has helped the women's division.

How has this helped the division? Simple. They put on a heck of a match against Naomi and Cameron on WWE Main Event. Which leads me to believe the company really is trying to improve the division. Those four women delivered the most entertaining and unbelievable match (single or  tag team) that the t.v. audience has seen in quite a while.

It seems Nikki and Brie seem to have picked up a few skills in their time away from the company. I was really surprised by their speed. Makes me wonder if they had all this talent in their back pockets before and maybe WWE brass told them to scale it back in their matches. While Cameron still needs to improve her timing and increase the moves in her arsenal, she's a bit of a firebrand when wrestling. I would love to see more of her mic skills, she's just feisty. Naomi, whom I can't say enough good things about, needs to be a contender for the title. The girl can fly.

All of this has led to Team Funk vs. Team Rhodes Scholars in a mixed match on the grandest stage of all...WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!!!!!

So I eat my less than positive words about the Bellas and must now extend a gratuitous thank you to them. They have done the division a great deed of good in a very short period of time. So thank you ladies! I'll see you at Wrestlemania!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment