Monday, March 18, 2013

Really WWE..Really?

I have a bone to pick with WWE. So the word on the block is, WWE is looking to beef up their women's division. In other words, they are hiring divas. So instead of bringing back talent who can truly beef up the division, they bring back...the Bella twins. Not Beth Phoenix. Not Karma. Not Lita. Not Trish. Not Eve even. Not a NXT diva. Not anyone from their developmental territory. They bring back Brie and Nikki Bella. Why?! They are mediocre at best. They don't really sell that well. And they don't have many moves. Their only gimmick is being mean hot twins who cheat to win a match.



And to top it all off, how are they re-introduced to the WWE universe? As dates for Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow. Not in a match or physical altercation to assert their dominance, as many a diva has been introduced to the television audience. But as dates. And immediately, they start in on Kaitlyn, who has a thing for Cody, which is a storyline I was kinda looking forward to, so I hope the Bellas return doesn't sidetrack it. (Update: As I am blogging this, Kaitlyn has told off Cody and the Bellas, saying she is done with his mustache, and theirs. So it looks like no more Kaitlyn/Cody romance).

 

That attack on Cameron and Naomi on Smackdown made the Bellas look weak and silly. I know I'm not the only one who believes that the Funkadactyls would take that and not defend themselves, as they were portrayed to have been seriously "beaten up" by the twins. The Funkadactyls sold receiving the beating better than the Bellas dishing it out.

The IWC believes the Bellas were rehired because they are dating John Cena and Daniel Bryan. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's funny because it just may be true!

Seriously, to improve the division, bring up some NXT girls and some of those ladies in their developmental territory.




I admit , Brie and Nikki are ridiculously gorgeous and hot. They could rule the division, if they were better in the ring.  Keep them as a team, but DO NOT put the title on either lady. They are o.k. on the mic. I just think they sound a little slurred in order to sound sexy. It doesn't work, for me.

When they first showed up in WWE, I wasn't their biggest fan. I didn't like the way they wrestled. I didn't care for their look. That whole mess when they turned on each other was just a waste of tv time. I hope they have learned and trained in their time away from the company.

The key to making them a success, IMO, is to make one twin smart and calculative and the other twin the brawn and muscle. And to be better wrestlers. So Bellas, I'm rooting for you! Show us what you're really made of, because what we're seeing cannot be the best of what you are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment