Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kaitlyn...

I love the divas, I really do. However, I hate what the company is doing with them (or lack thereof). The divas division could use a makeover, for sure. They are getting some things right. So let's start with Kaitlyn, the divas champion, because the division should be built around that person.


Kaitlyn, WWE Divas Champion

Now, Kaitlyn calls herself the hybrid diva. What does that really mean? Is it because she's a tomboyish diva? Maybe because she doesn't look like a typical diva? She has a more muscular build (due to her bodybuilder background) than the typical model-thin divas hired over the past few years. She's cute as a button!

WWE Diva Kaitlyn Stylish Pose

I don't know why she calls herself hybrid. Here's what I do know, the girl can wrestle. She's just green and needs to work on her timing, which may be why we have not seen her on tv lately, she's in training.


I must confess, I did not like Kaitlyn when she came into the company. I didn't like her attitude, her clothes, her demeanor, or anything about her. Until she and Eve started their feud, I could not stand her. 

She and Eve had a solid match for the championship.  I loved how she dogged Eve in their matches and kept after the title, until she won it. The girl reminds me of a pitbull that doesn't stop attacking when she wrestles. She can hit a spear that Edge would be proud of. 

Diva Kaitlyn In Black Outfit

Clearly, she's one of the physically strongest divas in the company. That characteristic needs to be played up, like Beth Phoenix, but not so dominating. She needs to stay face for a while. I didn't see much of her character on NXT (mainly because I do not watch it), but from what I did see, she was just one of the boys. Between her strength and one-of-boys personality, she could easily be a fighting champ like Sheamus was.  





 












Speaking of Sheamus, I would love to see them in a romantic angle together. Something along the lines of them hanging out and playing video games, but being completely oblivious to the fact that they like each other. But make it funny. Like two awkward best friends that fall for each other. 

I have no issue with her current wrestling gear, it is distinguishable from the other ladies.

As for her title reign, I'd love to see her take on Tamina and Natalya in a fierce rivalry. I think they could put on some intense unbelievable matches.





No comments:

Post a Comment